Maddison’s Paddock to Plate celebrates Canterbury’s best food
Maddison’s Restaurant’s inaugural seasonal Paddock to Plate dinner on July 14th is set to be a very special occasion for Christchurch foodies. The seven-course dinner showcases Canterbury's best produce, as well as offering palate cleansers and wine-matching from Pegasus Bay Wines, and is set to be an outstanding showcase for both the Maddison’s team and Canterbury’s fantastic produce, with every ingredient sourced as locally as possible.
A representative from Pegasus Bay Winery will talk guests through the wine and why it’s so perfectly matched with the food, and chef Simo Abbari will also elaborate on the special dishes on offer during the evening.
Take a look at this menu and get excited in a mouth-watering way:
- Whole roasted shoulder of lamb, with pancakes, pickles, hoisin sauce and chilli.
- Fresh Market Fish Tartar with corn curd, popped corn, miso butter, and seaweed.
- Duck and Quail Pastilla with pear, orange and cucumber salad.
- Orange and carrot palate cleanser.
- Line caught Ikejime culled fish, with smoked barley broth, fennel slaw, and a barley cracker.
- Confit belly, loin and shin croquette of lamb with sides.
- Chardonnay sorbet, with smoked Chardonnay Crème Fraiche Snow, prepared using liquid nitrogen at the table.
- Deconstructed apple crumble – served on platters on the table with fresh pine needles – smoking pine and a pine and yoghurt sorbet.
- Frozen cheese parfait
Tickets are just $170 per person – except to you, the Cityscape fan! Use the special code CITYSCAPE20 when booking your ticket at Eventfinda and your ticket will cost just $150! (Don’t say we never do anything for you.) But get in fast because this might well sell out!